Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Monday, August 18, 2008

It's a girl!!!

So after 4 ultrasounds we finally found out that we're for sure having a girl!! AND she has tons of hair - we could see it waving around and it's really thick around the bottom back - we're hoping she's not born with a mullet! So far she weighs 2.9 pounds and she's laying diagonally - her head is right in my ribs on the right side and her feet are on the bottom left - ouch!!! It even hurts when I laugh!! The perinatologist said he's not worried about the fluid level (it's around a 10)but we still need to go in once a week for ultrasounds to measure the fluid just to make sure it doesn't drop again. They don't really know why the fluid was low before because everything looks good with me and the baby - so I guess I'll keep drinking water since that helped. We're just happy she's ok!!
She was very modest - it took a while to get the "girl" shot!! The hair - wow! This is a view of the back of the head on the left with her spine.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Congrats on finally figuring it out 100% I don't think they make clothes for babies who are only 80% girl. Glad to hear your fluid is increasing. I asked the ultrasound tech at my last ultrasound how to increase your amniotic fluid and she told me that my doctor swears by taking baths. He swears by the whole osmosis thing. Hey it can't hurt to pamper yourself while you're drinking jugs of water!

Timmy said...

Hey girl.
congrats on the news of a little sweet girl. They are so precious. Sorry it has been so long. we had a crazy few months w/vacations and such. When are you having your shower? Can I still help Serena do it or do you have other plans?
Good to know your fluids are increasing, and as for the hair, treasure it when she comes out, because as was the case with my kids, it will probably rub off and fall out. But we hope not, because babies are so cute with hair, especially little girls.
big hugs.

Alisa F. said...

Yay! Congrats on the girl! It looks like it's just our family that's having all boys this year. :) That will be fun.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss