Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Couple's Embrace

In 2007 I saw this picture online and have always been struck by it. I have thought of it often and can't seem to get it out of my head. This 5,000 year old skeletal couple was found in February 2007 near Mantua, Italy. I hope it doesn't sound to morbid, but I think it's so beautiful. This couple, obviously in love, was buried together and are still together cuddled in a sweet embrace. Elena Menotti, the archaeologist who led the dig said, "while we might never determine the exact nature of the pair's relationship, I have little doubt it was born of a deep sentiment." "It was a very emotional discovery," she said. "From thousands of years ago we feel the strength of this love. Yes, we must call it love." This couple has been together for thousands of years - I think it's even more beautiful that I get to be with Tyson FOREVER:) I love you!


2 comments:

Tyson said...

I love you too. Thanks for all you do.

Mrs Ana said...

That is so sweet! You guys are so cute too! Thanks for commenting on my blog I laughed so hard!

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss