Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hair Bows

Here's the hair clip holder I made for Brenna - SO easy yet it took me almost a year to make:)
I got the frame for super cheap at Hobby Lobby and used up some of the left over ribbon from our wedding, glue gunned it together and tadaaaa!



These are just SOME of her hair clips - I made all but two of these. Now I just need to figure out how to stop her from pulling the dumb things out of her hair!!!

5 comments:

Katrina and Brian said...

Love it! What a cute idea! Having two girls we need some storage for hairbows.

Alisha said...

That is super cute! I think I'll have to steal that idea... although it'll probably take me a year, too...

Leesa Marie Jones said...

I love it! I'm so making one when I get my glue gun back out of storage. At least they are cute on that frame even if she never leaves them in her hair. And when she's three, she'll want 10 in her hair at one time!

AJ said...

Where do you get the flowers for the clips? I have been wanting to make some more for Stella, but I couldn't find the right kind of flowers.

Alycia said...

AJ - I got most of them from places like Micheals, Hobby Lobby,Ben Franklin or Roberts in their scrapbook sectoins. Same with the brads in the middle. I actually got to trade most of them with my sister in law to cut the cost. But really, just look for deals and use their weekly coupons (you can get them emailed or they're right on their web sites too) Some of them I just cut the shapes out of felt or took apart fabric flowers I found for cheap. For the metal clips I got a box of 100 from Sally Beauty Supply for like $5 and just covered them with ribbon with my glue gun. Hope you can find some cute ones and have fun!!

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss