Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Deer Hunt 2008

Well, some of you know already, others don't, but my 2008 deer hunt was a success. On November 7th, yes a legal date due to an extended hunt, I dropped this 3X4. I'm not really sure how to score him, or even how measurements are taken, but is about 22 inches wide and from the base of is skull to the tip of the longest tine is 19 inches. It was a fun hunt having my dad and brother-in-law there with me. We hiked and glassed all morning in fog and cold, then hopped back in the truck to head to another area and I saw this guy quartering away from me. I stopped the truck, left it running, and was amazed as I slid out the door the he didn't bolt. When I first saw him I couldn't tell how big he was. My brother-in-law put his spotting scope on him and said he was just a wide spike, then he amended his sighting to be a three point. When I dropped the rifle scope on him I noticed the 4 point and the nice eye guards. Buck fever then set in and I pulled the trigger.

4 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

Awesome! Make some Jerky!!!

Serena said...

Good job bob! I love your interesting way of telling the story too. Let me know if you want help making some jerky ;)

Tyson said...

There is jerky in the fridge curring and seasoning right now. Black pepper and garlic flavoring. I hope it turns out good.

Alisha said...

Now, it may just be me, but it looks like that deer is alive and you two are just posing and then he's going to run off. That's what happened, isn't it?

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss