Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Olive Garden at home

Have you guys tried Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup?? I love it and was craving it like crazy last night. SO, I looked online, found a knock off recipe and I thought I'd try it. It taste almost the same as the real stuff!! You'll have to try it yourself, cuz ours is almost gone:)





Zuppa Toscana Soup (like Olive Garden's)
1 lb. Italian sausage - crumbled (I actually only used 1/2 lb. and liked it better)
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
about 4 slices bacon
1 qt. water
(2) 14.5 oz. cans (about 3 2/3 cups) chicken broth
about 5 russet potatoes - sliced
2 garlic cloves - crushed
1 med. onion - chopped
2 cups chopped kale (I had Tyson stop by the store to get this on his way home - he was like, "you want WHAT? What is that some kind of sea weed?") haha (I also just used the whole bunch)
1 cup heavy whipping cream (I actually just used one can of evaporated milk so I could feel better about eating it!)
salt and pepper - to taste
-In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it; drain, set aside.
-In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown bacon; drain, chop and set aside.
-Place water, broth, potatoes, garlic, and onion in a pot; simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
-Add sausage and bacon to pot; simmer for 10 minutes.
-Add kale and cream to pot; season with salt and pepper; heat through.

2 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

we make their chicken alfredo all the time!

i will have to try this one too!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

I can't even tell you how many times we ordered Olive Garden take-out when I was sick and preggers. Thanks for sharing this!

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss