Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Baby update

I just realized it's been a while since I've updated everyone on the status of this baby. I have low amniotic fluid again but the good news is it's still higher than I ever was with Brenna. (I'm at 10cm right now and I think I was always around 6ish with Brenna) I've have to drink about a gallon and a half of water every day to keep it that high though - seriously - it's a good thing I stay at home all day because I LIVE in the bathroom! The funny thing is getting to the gallon mark each day isn't really that hard anymore - it's everything after that's hard. BUT the gallon alone wasn't doing much so I have to drink drink drink!

I'm 32 weeks as of today and at this point with Brenna, I was already going in twice a week for non-stress tests and ultrasounds. Brenna never really moved very much and this little guy is a serious soccer player or karate kid, so that and the slightly higher level of fluid, my Dr. isn't as worried this time around. I made it to 34 weeks with Brenna and for this one Dr. Fillerup is thinking I'll hopefully go to 38 weeks (there are 40 total and 37 is actually considered full term for those of you not up on your pregnancy lingo) :)

The crappy thing is I have to get another c-section or get a new Dr. You all know how much we LOVE Dr. Fillerup so we've decided to stick with her. I really don't mind having another one, except the recovery is so much longer. I won't even be able to hold Brenna for two weeks. My mom said she would come again though, so that will be a HUGE help.

I also had to get the steroid shots yesterday and today to help the baby's lungs develop faster JUST IN CASE the fluid stops increasing and we have to take him early like Brenna. You have to have the shots before you're 34 weeks along, so that's why we decided to get them again. Boys lungs develop slower than girls do for some reason, and since they worked so well for Brenna it seemed like the smart thing to do. We're really praying that he makes it to "full term". It would be SO nice not to have to go through the whole NICU experience again. I just wish they could figure out why this happens in the first place.

So that's the latest. Now I have to get back to my water drinking and I'll probably go to the bathroom again - Seriously, I should just go out and get some Depends!! Only kidding :)

4 comments:

Lisa and Lance said...

Alycia! Good luck with everything. That is amazing you are able to drink that much water everyday. The sacrifices you make for you kids before they are even born...crazy! :) We will keep you guys in our prayers!

Leesa Marie Jones said...

It's so funny to think that I drink about a tenth of that everyday! You worry about your kids making it to full term and I hope mine decide to get out before they're two weeks over due! That's odd Brenna didn't move much. My kids were always little flippers in my tummy!!

Garden Girl said...

Thanks for the update! Hang in there!

Photo Girl said...

I'm glad you're doing well. I can't believe you're going to have another little one again soon! Ditto to what everyone else said, too. Hang in there.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss