Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Brenna Bug - she finished her bottle for me!!

Brenna is doing really well - she has been off of the oxygen since October 1st!! She is also getting better each day at eating from the bottle. Tyson and I have been having a contest to see who can get her to eat the most. She usually gets 40 ml in her bottle and we try to get her to eat as much as she can before she conks out and has to be tube fed. Tyson usually wins by getting her to eat about half of it. Today Brenna's nurse put 50ml in the bottle without telling me he added more - I got so excited when she latched on and went to town - then I got even more excited when I noticed she only had 5 left in the bottle thinking she had almost eaten 35 of it - the nurse came over and said - OH I forgot to tell you I put 50 in today - she's done - she finished it!! Brenna ate 45ml for me!! It probably doesn't sound like much to all of you, but for us it was a HUGE step forward!! Her Dr. said they'll continue to watch her progress, take the tube out as soon as she masters it and she can go home a few days after that - so we're shooting for this week sometime - We really hope!! Thanks again for all her prayers!

Also - here's a link to see pictures from Brenna's first photo shoot http://rinkshots.com/gallery/6153386_VQQqt Thanks Uncle Scott!!!


No more Oxygen tubes!!

Give me five - you can really see how tiny she is here huh!

Brenna after eating out of her bottle - she gets SO tired!!

Today when she finally finished a bottle for me!!

4 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

Awesome! I need to come up with you to the NICU to see her again! She is so so so so so so cute! I'm just a little jealous! But, I will keep what I was given!!

Michelle said...

I am so happy about Brenna getting better with the bottle feeding. And no more oxygen, yay! She must really want to go home, she sure has been working hard on getting better.

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Fellow Blogging Friends,
Our blog is now set to private, as we have had an unknown and unwanted visitor post a nasty comment on our blog recently. You are still invited to view our blog, but I need your email address, in order to add you to our list of invited readers. Please send me the email address you use for blogger to melandstevebarnes@gmail.com, and I will add you right away!
Melanie and Steve
P.S. I am so glad little Brenna is doing better!

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

I just looked at the pictures on the link, and they are so sweet! He even caught a few smiles! How precious! The ones where she is reaching up to you are so sweet as well. You look great too Mommy :)

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss