Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

More Brenna Pictures/updates

Well - Here are some more updates from last night and today. I Love watching Tyson hold Brenna - the first time he held her, he said to me, "You're still beautiful, but now I'm in love with two women!" I don't mind:) The last couple of posts have been done by other people because we couldn't log into blogger at the hospital and now of all times our computer decided to break and we won't have it back until the 13th!! I'm going crazy not being able to check my email or put stuff on the blog so thanks Heidi and Nikki for doing it for us! Brenna is doing SO much better than a week ago when she was born. We only get to hold her when they feed her (every three hours) which stinks because we can't make it for all of them and I feel so guilty if I'm not there. Some really good news though - when I got there this morning - her oxygen tube was out of her nose and had been for a few hours and she was doing great without it!!! Yeah!! Her Dr. came in and said they are really happy on how well she's doing for being 6 weeks early and once she masters the bottle she can go home! She will suck on her pacifier like crazy but when you give her the bottle she gets this look like what is this thing and why is there stuff coming out of it! Tyson has been able to get her to eat the most so far. He's good at getting her to eat while holding her and I'm good at getting her to mess her pants - she's not shy with that!!! It's pretty hard to be patient and wait for her to master the sucking/swallowing thing, but they say once they figure it out they take off super fast and it's like a night and day difference. So she's still the boss around here - but that's ok, I think she'll be the boss for a lot longer than her hospital stay - she's already wrapped around both of our fingers!! I'm feeling a ton better after my c-section - yikes those first couple of days I thought I was going to die and it took me a good 10 minutes to get out of bed the first time with the nurse and Tyson helping me! But I can pretty much do most things by myself now and so far today I haven't had to take any pain meds - wha hoo!! I'll hopefully get my 32 staples out next Tuesday - fun fun! Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has been praying for us. It means so much to us and it's working! We love you all and we'll try to stay in touch as much as we can with a broken computer!!

He's in Love!


She loves to have her hands by or on her face - she also loves to grab her tubes and pull them out!

This picture is so gross - she puked up almost all of her dinner - her nurse said she was grounded because she had just changed her outfit!!

Trying to eat - hmmmm what is this thing??

No oxygen for me today!!! I'll just stick my tongue out at you instead!!

Sweet Baby Brenna - I don't know if you noticed on the other pictures when you can see the white board behind her crib that the nurses are calling her "Sweet Pickle". Tyson called her the little pickle the whole pregnancy because I added to much vinegar to my cucumbers one day and he said "Don't pickle the baby!" It stuck after that - So the nurses came up with the Sweet Pickle thing because it took us so long to name her.

4 comments:

Jim said...

Glad Brenna is doing well, and that Alycia is too. I'm excited for you for the day you'll get to take her home with you.
-Jim

Unknown said...

What cute pictures! I sure hope she figures out eating fast and that she can come home. Good luck with recovery. It is difficult to be able to relax when you are back and forth to the hospital.

Hang in there!

Marenda

Michelle said...

What a sweetie! It's good to hear that Alycia is feeling better now. Hopefully Brenna realizes how fun eating can be on her own soon. Before you know it you'll be feeding her pureed carrots and bananas and taking those cute photos of her with food all over her face! Take care. Still praying for Brenna!
-Michelle

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

She looks like she is perking up. She really does look great. Steve and I have been praying for you, Tyson, and beautiful little Brenna (or beautiful little "Sweet Pickle" I guess, haha). So cute.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss