Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Brenna's Home!! For real this time!

Our Sweet Little Brenna was able to come home today!! We got up this morning and as usual called the NICU to see how she was doing. Her nurse said she had done really well during the night with her feedings and we could come in around noon for the next time she would eat. About an hour later, she called again and said the Dr. had just seen her and said she could come home!! I was shocked because yesterday wasn't one of her best days - she had been so tired and didn't eat very well so I didn't think we would have any hope of bringing her home today. But the nurse said she was serious (I asked her if she really was!) and we could come to the hospital around 1:00 with her clothes and our car seat. I guess the Dr. said that he thought her weight loss the day before was probably due to her being a little cold and having to use her energy to try to warm herself up. So we went to pick her up on the coldest day we've had so far - we woke up to about three inches of snow!! The nurses were so cute when we were dressing her and one of them actually picked her up to go show the other nurses her cute outfit! We have been so impressed with the nurses at the hospital - every one of them has been so wonderful. We feel so lucky that she was able to be taken care of by such great people that loved her while we couldn't be there. It was kind of a different feeling when we drove away from the hospital with her with us - I kind of felt like we were stealing her:) She has been so good for us here at home - she's eating and sleeping really well. It really hasn't hit us yet that she's here to stay. It's kind of like we've been like a child at Christmas having been given the perfect gift and having it taken away everyday and now that we have it we don't know what to think! We are so happy though to finally have her here - now for the fun part - we hope this first night goes well!!! Thanks again to everyone of you who have been praying for us - we can't even begin to express the gratitude we feel for the support we've been given - we love you all!!


Brenna got to come home on the first day it snowed!

Hey does anyone think our garden is still ok??!! We tried to save the tomatoes but I think they're gone!








6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so happy she is home. Now you guys can hopefully rest and all have the chance to recover. When we brought Kasen home I was so excited to all be in the same room and be breathing the same air, as dumb as that sounds. We had a family slumber party the first couple of nights. It is so wonderful to have all of the tubes iv and wires off! He felt like a "real" baby to me then. I totally agree with you about feeling like you are stealing the baby. I feel like I am rambling. I am so happy she is home!!!! Congratulations again!

Marenda
Marenda

Katie said...

Congratulations...I'm so glad you got to bring her home...I can only imagine how hard that must have been to have her at the hospital and how excited you must be to finally have her home. I'm so happy for you!

Sally said...

I'm so happy that she is doing so well now! I bet it is such a relief to you both. I hope all goes well for you all, especially these first several weeks at home. I still can't believe that Brenna is older than Livia!! I guess she was just a bit more anxious!

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for all of you. I have been fortunate with my 2 to never have to leave them at the hospital. I can only imagine how hard that must be. But your home now, YAY! I hope things continute to go good for Brenna and that she is a good sleeper for you guys! Congrates again!
Michelle

Amy said...

Yeah!! She's home- that is fantastic. She looks adorable. Sunday was a crazy weather day huh?

Timmy said...

Congratulations on having your sweet little girl home. It was wonderful to see you at the hospital. How is the pump working? Don't you just love to watch your baby sleep? Mommy says that was one of her favorite things. We love you and hope to see you one Saturday...it is still questionable, but we will do our best! we love you all.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss