Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bib clip

I am ALWAYS forgetting to bring bibs with me to restaurants and I HATE it when Brenna's clothes get dirty from food when it could have been prevented. I was reading through the One Step Ahead magazine the other day and saw this cool bib clip that can turn any napkin or paper towel into a bib (think dentist clip) BUT it's $12!! So I got the idea in my head that I could make my own - for like $1.50 - I think it turned out really cute:) Now I just hope she'll keep it on!
Don't worry - I made one for baby boy too:)

2 comments:

Sally said...

wow. those are super cute! i think you should do a step by step instructional on it for the rest of us who never remember bibs! (i really am being serious, i want to see how it's done.)

Alycia said...

Sally, it's really easy. You need two cute buttons, a few inches of ribbon, two badge clips (the ones people use for binky clips), one bungie stopper (I don't know what they're called),and I got about 24 inches of the string. String the ribbon through the buttons, and tie it in a cute knot. Use your glue gun to glue them to the clips. I tied the string onto the clips and melted the end to it wouldn't frey. Then put on the bungie stopper and tie a knot at the end to that won't fall off. It really only took me a few min. to make. The hardest part was finding the materials! I think you can get the stuff anywhere, but all the stores up here just happened to be sold out of everything I needed. I got the buttons at Walmart, the string at Ben Franklin, the stopper at Hancock Fabric, and the clips at Michaels. So it took me a few days to get all the stuff. Hobby Lobby was my first choice, but they were out of everything. I think Roberts or JoAnn's peobably has the stuff too. So good luck:)And make sure you use coupons from the paper or online!:)

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss