Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Friday, October 19, 2007

I guess I've been tagged!

The rules are...A. List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.B. Tag seven people to do the same.C. Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag "whoever wants to do it".

1. Ok – everyone who reads this is going to think I’m totally OCD – But I don’t care. Here it goes; I absolutely HAVE to have even numbers of things I eat like M&M’s, Skittles, chips, nuts, etc. I can only eat 2 or 4 or 6 etc, if I eat three at a time it’s ok, but only if I eat three more to make it an even six!
2. I LOVE steamrollers – going back to number one, I also like things to be really smooth. Seriously – if everyone I knew chipped in a few bucks, I bet I could get one for a birthday or Christmas present. Tyson got to drive one the other day at work (it’s not part of his job description as a construction manager, but they asked if he would like to drive the paver and steamroll part of Legacy Highway when he went to check on a job site and he said “Heck ya!”) Anyway – he came home and told me his boss said I could drive one anytime I want. I don’t think I could ever be a steamroller driver though – I’d probably get fired for taking too long ‘cuz the road would have to be perfect!! It would bother me if it wasn’t totally smooth.
3. About liking everything smooth – just a little bit of satin makes me really happy. Not too much, just a little – I don’t want to look like I’m wearing an 80’s prom dress for Pete’s sake! I’m obsessed with lotion – I need smooth skin – this Utah air is killing me here! I also like to touch stuff like fabrics or rocks or plants, for example if I see an interesting texture of something at a store or maybe on someone’s shirt – I have to touch it. Tyson and I were in the mall the other day and he commented on the fact that I was touching everything we passed! I even turned around to go back to something I missed and he’s like – “how did I know you were going to do that!” I don’t even realize I’m doing it until someone points it out.
4. I floss my teeth All the time – thanks Dad! My dad is an avid flosser and has those disposable flossers with him all the time – I guess that rubbed off onto me, But I have to floss – one stinkin’ tooth gets food stuck in it all the time – seriously it’s so annoying and my dentist claims he can't fix it - it's his fault too! Anyway – those Reach flosser’s are my best friends – they look just like a toothbrush – I have two – one at home and one in my purse.
5. I absolutely hate putting away clean laundry or clean dishes – I actually really like doing laundry and washing dishes – but putting the stuff away? No thanks. I have to force myself to do it.
6. I love smells and how they can bring back memories – the smell of coffee and ham reminds me of my Grandma's house and of luncheons after Lutheran funerals – yeah, I already know I’m weird! Anyway, I love the smell of coffee, wet dirt - yum – the farm after it rains, the Spiced Vanilla Salt City candle – I actually hate vanilla scented things, but this candle has a Christmassy cinnamon smell, I also like the smell of sage brush/oregano – seriously one summer day I was walking in the pasture on the farm and I smelled oregano and realized it was the sage brush! I love how the pasture smells on a hot summer day, and I also love the smell Tyson’s cologne and also his deodorant! Some smells make me nauseous though – like the smell of goats and goat cheese/milk – sick! I hate cows milk to start with, but goat milk – barf!
7. I have tons of nicknames – seriously, I don’t think people can call me by my real name! When I was little, my dad called me Aly-ish-a, my friend Lisa calls me Virginia – she even sends me mail addressed to Virginia. Some other ones are Aleesh, Aleeshkabee, and Aleeshpee – yeah, thanks Jesse. I like to call other people Bobby and I like to call silly kids like Jeffrey Billings a gomer.

Well – there ya go – now you all know how weird I am and that I probably need to be treated for OCD. Anyway, I guess I’ll tag; my Mom, Theresa, Heidi, Serena, Lisa Steadman, Layla, and Amy Nilsson. Have fun!

3 comments:

garnetrose said...

You guys have a great blog, love the photos!!! Thanks for inviting us to your blog and I'll bookmark it to check on your updates!

Love ya 'cuz! XOXO

Selfieprotection said...

So I had to take a look. I totally get your habbits of counting thingsand smooth and perfect things, I am totaly the same way, it drives my husband crazy, my doctor said he thinks I might have a little OCD issues but as long as it dosent affect my life it is OK. Hey I do those things becauese thats what makes me, me and happy, so I think it is OK. Anyways love the blog.

Yomama said...

Hey Sweet thing! Thanks for the funny details about you; I saw some common traits and some things that just made me smile! I miss y'all - what are you going at Christmas time? By the way, Tyson's "new addition" entry was simply unforgivable!! Well, okay, I'll forgive him, but only if he lets me ride it (if we're ever in the same 1,000 miles with snow on the ground! ;-)
Just wanted you to know I came, I read, I heard you laughing as you wrote... Sure love yer guts!
Karla

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss