Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Friday, October 19, 2007

A new member to the Nelson family - pictures coming soon;)

This is an email Tyson sent out to all his friends a few weeks ago - he thought it was pretty funny how he worded the title!

I know that all of you would want to be the first to know about the news that Alycia and I have to tell you. I contemplated the best way to let you all know without someone being offended that they didn't hear it before some one else. So to solve this dilemma I decided to just email the news. That way if you find out before or after someone else, you only have yourself to thank or be mad at. Of course those whose email addresses I don't have I guess will still be mad at me, but I can't please absolutely everyone right?
As you all know Alycia and I have been married for a year and about two months. In this time we have often contemplated when the right time would be to add an additional member to our new family. I take pleasure in announcing that the time has come. Yes, my friends, that's right, the time is here for me to announce that there will soon be another member to the Nelson Family. Alycia is - well -how do you say it -letting me buy a new snowmobile!
That's right I will be picking up a 2000 Polaris RMK 800 on Tuesday night. More details and pictures of the new arrival to come in the near future.
If any are wondering what an appropriate gift would be to express you excitement for our new family member, might I make a few suggestions: handle bar risers, cover, skid plate, or if you would all like to go together on a trailer.
I'm just kidding about the presents!!!
Thanks,
Tyson and Alycia too (although she took no part in this, other than really letting me buy a new sled.)

7 comments:

Nikki said...

I believe Tyson is still looking for a good name for the newest addition--perhaps you could use the blog to help him decide. Maybe solicit any suggestions! I still argue that a little pink something (like a cute BYU logo) would add to the overall appeal of the snowmobile! I just happen to know someone who would love to help you find such a logo!

BTW, Love the blog!!!!

Alycia said...

That would be funny - we should have people vote on a name for his new baby!

Amanda/Mandy said...

Congratulations!!! Personally I think Alycia is way too nice, and I agree on a nice pink BYU something. Then you can name it something like "Powder Puff" or "Fluffy Kisses" or something equally revolting.

Alycia said...

hey - which Amanda are you?? I think I know about three million Amandas:)!!

Tyson said...

It seems to me that there are some (Karla) that don't approve of the new addition to the our family. Perhaps some think that it was not the correct addition to make. To that I would have to say I agree. I would have much rather found a ski-doo Rev XP 800 in the same condition for the same price (it is another brand of snowmobile for those that don't follow sleds). But on a more serious note Alycia was extremely nice to let me buy it. As for forgiveness being given with the price being a ride...well we might be able to arrange something. I think that you should bring the family out this winter, rent a couple of sleds, and make a grand time of it. Maybe we could even find a cabin to stay at for a couple of days.

The Hiller Family said...

That's stinkin' hilarious! Now for a picture of Tyson on his new baby! You can't make an addition to the family without pictures!

Alycia said...

I guess we'll have to wait for pictures until we get a good snow - It's at Tyson's sister's house all covered up "taking a nap"!

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss