Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

An Epic Ride?

(This is not from the ride on this last saturday, but one before it. It was beautiful up there. None the less the picture will never do justice to the beauty that was beheld by those who put the tracks in the powder.)

Well you might all be getting really tired of me posting about snowmobile trips that I have taken with my friends. I guess if you rather I could post about my engineering geology class. Somehow I bet if I did that there would be a overwhelming response to post about snowmobiling again, not because everyone likes snowmobiling as much as I do, but because the info about my class would much less amusing.
So on Saturday Febuary 2, once again my friends and I headed out to the Uintas. I probably should have stayed home and done an oil change on the truck, or homework, but the 3 feet of powder that had fallen since the previous tuesday was just too much to resist. Here are some of the pictures from the ride. Each comment applies to the picture that is above the comment.
This is my good friend Dan not having any fun on, dare I say, perfect day in perfect snow.


I couldn't let Dan be miserable by himself so, reluctant as I was, I decided to join him in his misery. I mean that is what a good friend would do right?

Thanks to some good camera work from Trevor, and a rather nice little camera, this is picture #2 in a fast sequence. The picture above this was #1 in the sequence.

#3 in the sequence. I love the cloud of powder blowing back.

This one does not follow in sequence. In fact it was a bit of a mistake. I came in a lot closer to the camera man than had been anticipated, but it still turned out one heck of a shot.

Thanks to all for the good ride. Those that were there know what an awesome day it was and how excited I was about the ride especially that commited sidehill. I can't neglect thanking my wife for her patience in dealing with my addiction. I hope you all enjoyed the picts.

5 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

Those are awesome shots! Looks like fun... Josh would love to join in!

Tyson said...

Well we need to go by Josh a sled then. Give me a time and a date and I will be there. I will even provide free hauling of the sled back to your place. Heck I'll even shop for the new sled. Price range is necessary though.

Alycia said...

I love that last picture! Yeah - I think Josh should buy a snowmobile too!!

Ron said...

That looks awesome, maybe I should get rid of a 4 wheeler and get a sled. I love the powder skiing, a sled has to be much more fun cause it has an engine. Post all the shots you want their great.

Serena said...

Amazing - look at this amazing response! Good post tyson, even though we don't know what we are doing on a snowmobile we still think it is fun and you make us more interested in it

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss