Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

How to cut your husband's hair and live to tell about it

So Tyson really needed to get a haircut, but he never had time because he works all day then has school all night. So, I get this text message from Tyson the other day saying, "do you want to go buy some clippers and cut my hair tonight? I'm for trying it. Between you and me we could do it, you could call your mom to get pointers" HA HA!! Are you kidding me??? I've never cut a guys hair before - I have tried to cut my own and that was one of the dumbest things I've ever done - huh Serena?! Anyway, I said I would do it -you know, cuz I'm trying to be a good wife:) I think I had a small heart attack, then I called my mom and said "HELP!!!" She gave me some pointers, I baught some clippers at Target - I was ready - heh, heh. Make sure you read the directions first - they are very tricky...
The before shot - you need to make sure your husband is in a very good mood - you don't want to die
"it's easy! Want me to try it first?"
"See, just like this:)"
"Ok, whatever you say, here goes nothing!"



"Wait!!! Give me that thing! I think I should do this part myself!!"
by the way, don't wear a black sweater when cutting hair - yikes!
about an hour and a half later, "I think I'm done!! Want to see it??"
Hmm...
"I actually like it!"

Da da dada!!! Ta da!! He doesn't even have to wear a hat to cover anything up- but he will anyway!!!! And now I can breath again!

4 comments:

ecuakim said...

Okay, I have to say that you are SO BRAVE!!! Jose won't let me cut his hair until I've had enough practice on Clark! So far I've only cut Clark's hair 3 times, but I tell him that it's not fair to judge a baby's hair because Clark won't stop MOVING as I cut!!! Anyway, I think Tyson's new 'do looks fantastic! Good job!

The Hiller Family said...

Looks great! Good job! That is exactly how it was for me the first time, except... mom was physically there to help me, but said she wouldn't so I had to "learn"! And... I was about to have a baby in the next 24 hours! I cried like I've never cried before and then everyone at the hospital the next day knew it was me who had cut the uneven looking thing!

Tiffany said...

Good job! I tried to cut Turner's hair once- it was pretty bad. Of course I didn't try clippers, I tried to finger cut it. It was a big mistake! Josh fixed it with the clippers- kinda :)

AJ said...

That looks very good, especially for your first time. I was sooooo nervous the first time I cut Josh's. He is really picky about his hair, even though it isn't that complicated of a style. He usually does it himself, just cause it is easier for him, and I think he still doesn't totally trust me to do it.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss