Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Remembering President Hinckley




February 2, 2008
I just thought I would share some thoughts I’ve had this morning. I just finished watching the funeral for our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinckley. I am so thankful for the wonderful spirit I have been able to feel this morning as we were able to remember his marvelous life. I loved his whit and humor, his sweet dedication to the Lord and to us. I feel so blessed to have been able to feel the love he had for all of us and for the spirit I was able to feel each time I heard him speak. I know he was called of our Heavenly Father to lead and direct us and I have been able to become a better person because of that direction. I remember being able to shake his hand when he came to the dedication of the Bismarck Temple – he was so cute and so short! But the spirit that radiated from him was such a testimony to me, that he was called of the Lord – his mouthpiece to his children on the earth today. I am so happy he can finally be back in Heaven with his lovely wife – I was always so touched when I saw them together – he was always so tender with her and by simply watching them, you knew of their deep love, respect and dedication to each other. I love President Hinckley – I am so thankful that I was able to gain a testimony for myself that he was the prophet and that he loved us as well. All God asks of us is that we give our best. I know President Hinckley gave his best and by doing so, he inspired me to do my best as well. Thank you President Hinckley for touching my life as well as millions of others throughout the world.

No comments:

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss