Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Baby ball

So I went over to my sister Heidi's house the other day to give her some zucchini. Her son Ethan (who will be 2 in November) is obsessed with playing with balls or anything that even resembles one. Well, he came up to me to say hi, noticed by round belly, pointed to it and said, "Ball!" Then he got really mad at me because he thought I was hiding one of his balls in my shirt! He started crying and kept trying to pull up my shirt to get it out! It was so funny, poor kid. You'll have to work on that one with him Heidi!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

So funny!

Sally said...

Alycia, you're so mean. Don't you know you should always give into almost-2 year olds!! Why didn't you just give him your 'ball' like he wanted? J/K. That's a funny story. Glad I'm not the only one that looks like I'm hiding a ball...

The Hiller Family said...

UPDATE on Ethan's thoughts about "Balls":

After Alycia left he was sort of catching on to the fact that it really wasn't a ball and a baby instead. Then, the next day he pointed to his belly, his dad's belly and my belly and "chest" and would say baby! Now, anything round on anyone's body is now a baby!

I heard him after one of his naps talking to himself in bed and saying "hi baby!" and giggling! He doesn't sleep with babies, so I though he must be pulling up his shirt and talking to his "baby! I think he gets it now... sort of! We will still work on that one!

Now he's obsessed with Elephants and 'Dumbo' more than balls!

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss