Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Got Milk? Nope!

Brenna hasn't nursed for three weeks!!!! She's really done a pretty good job without it and hasn't "begged" for it in a while. It's so wonderful! BUT the only problem is - she refuses to drink milk!! When I give it to her, she'll take a sip, spit it out and look at me like I've gone crazy. Then she'll throw the sippy cup or bottle on the floor. (She used to do the same thing with formula - I couldn't even sneak it into her cereal!) She drinks water and juice just fine. I've even tried to put a touch of chocolate in it and she still won't touch it. She loves cheese, yogurt and of course ice cream, but she won't do the milk. The funny thing is I'm the same way - these things aren't hereditary are they??? So, what do you do when your baby won't drink milk???!!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

Ev used to drink milk really well, but all of a sudden quit one day. He didn't like chocolate milk, but LOVED strawberry. My suggestion: try a different flavor.

The Hiller Family said...

just keep offering it!
Are you doing 2% or whole?

Sally said...

livia will only drink milk if it is the right temperature. it you haven't warmed it up you could try that. or maybe you could give her some of your cereal (with a little milk) each morning and maybe she will eventually get used to the idea and taste of milk.

Serena said...

i have no advice for you - I just wanted to say hi! :)My kids have never given me any trouble with this :) ha ha ha

AJ said...

Random, but have you tried soy? I don't know if it is recommended or if she would like it, but it is just an idea. I guess if she still won't have anything to do with it, just make sure she gets lots of calcium and dairy from lots of other sources.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss