Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Last Zucchini

Well this morning at 1:55, Brenna decided to wake up and apparently wanted to play. I was already awake listening to the wind gusting and trying to tell if my little garden frost protection contraption was going to take the wind. It has been through some strong sustained winds and done okay, but I was worried about the strong gusts we were getting. I had even gotten out of bed looked out the window and then walked to the living room and window for a better view. I was happy to see that it was doing pretty well.
Alycia got Brenna and brought her back to bed to try and get her calmed down and back to sleep. She didn’t seem too interested in sleeping and was much more interested to try and pry my eye lids open or attempt to rip my nose off. After a couple attempts she gave up when we heard a loud crack outside…and then another .
So I roll out of bed and look outside to see the little contraption waving in the wind, now bent to the east instead of the west. A gust had pulled the west side of the structure clean off the rebar, pulled two wooden stakes and shattered a couple pieces of the PVC frame. So I pulled on a hoddy, and a pair of pants, found some shoes and head out to demolish the rest of it. So at 2:30 this morning in the middle of some gusty winds I was playing with a 8’x20’ piece of 6 mil plastic, stretched tightly on a PVC frame. I swear my neighbors, a couple of which now had their light on, must have thought that I had lost it and was trying to be one of the Wright Brothers.
After having rolled the whole mess up and thrown it in the trailer I set about harvesting the last of vegetables that I could see. I got a couple of tomatoes, some red peppers (more green than red), and the last of the zucchini.
Farewell garden.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

I love the image of you out there trying to fly your garden cover contraption...

Sunshine Promises said...

Alycia,

Did you send me this email or did someone break into your account?

From: Alycia Nelson
Sent: Wed, October 28, 2009 5:50:32 AM
Subject: High quality good service!

High quality good service!
i would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products.
Now the company is under sales promotion,all the products are sold nearly at its cost.
They provide the best service to customers,they provide you with original products of
good quality,and what is more,the price is a surprising happiness to you!
It is realy a good chance for shopping.just grasp the opportunity,Now or never!
The web address: (www.elecshopcn.com)

Alycia said...

Mandy - sorry - I did not send that email. Grrrrrrrrr - this makes me so mad!!!!

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss