Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Due Date?

I had another ultrasound today - and heard such good news!! The fluid level was at 8 cm (she said anything above a 7 was good)! Last week I was a 10 and it naturally gets lower now as the baby gets bigger, so that was great to hear. BUT the best part was when she said I didn't have to have a non-stress test today (hallelujah! I hate those things) and I could just start coming in once a week (like a normal pregnant person - ha ha!) for regular appointments! I just have to make sure I keep drinking a ton and I need to do kick counts. The baby is also laying sideways - yeah not so comfortable!

It feels SO NICE to finally hear such good news. I still have to do another c-section :( None of the Dr's at Davis Hospital are willing to do a Vback for me. (Dr. Fillerup had a baby die on her during one once and she's seen enough "ruptures" to make her stop doing them). And since the baby keeps turning sideways or breech, I kind of feel like this is the route we need to go, so we decided to stick with Dr. F again.

The crazy thing is, she called the hospital while I was there to schedule the c-section date!! Yikes, this baby really is coming - and soon!! Depending on how tight her schedule is, we're set to go in MAY 7th around 3 or 4 pm. (I'll only be 38 1/2 weeks, but she wants to go then, because she doesn't want me to go into labor on my own and technically, the baby is considered full term at 37 weeks.)It feels kind of nice to know the date. My mom won't have to wonder when to leave to drive out here and I can -hopefully - get the things done that I need to - 'cuz the NESTING phase has hit - and hard!! SO - three more weeks - oh boy!

4 comments:

Becky said...

YEAY! Such good news! Phew!

Leesa Marie Jones said...

Yippee! I"m glad this pregnancy is going to well this time! It's fun to know the plan ahead of time too! If we come for Ky's baptism we'll even be able to come see you in the hospital!!

Yomama said...

All I can say is, yay for all of you, and God be with you through it all!
Hugs,
Karla

Serena said...

Holy Smokes!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss