Keep scrolling down and looking at previous pages - we've added a lot!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Ultrasound

So Tyson and I went in to get another ultrasound today. After waiting for an hour after the scheduled appointment we finally got to see our baby again. We were hoping to find out the gender of the baby, but the stinker was all curled up and we couldn't get a good shot - must be shy;) We did get to see the baby yawn though and see it kick from the outside of my belly through my shirt for the first time as well. Also, Dr. Fillerup said I had a low amount of amniotic fluid and that I needed to at least triple my liquid intake! She said to to that for a week and then she would do another ultrasound - we made another appointment for next Monday morning - keep your fingers crossed! Talk about unsettling - sorry baby for not drinking as much water as I should have. I've always had a hard time getting enough water everyday, but I thought I was doing better than I was. So far today, I've had about 160+ oz. of water and the day's not even over - I seriously think I might blow up!!! Any suggestions on how to get way more liquid without feeling miserable???

1 comment:

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

I've been drinking TONS, and I really never liked drinking that much. What's helped me is to have a lot of different options of liquids to drink. We have bottled water, different flavors of gatorades (I like the "rain" gatorades, because they aren't as strong), and sometimes juice. Yes, it is more expensive than just having tap water alone, but it's always really cold, and it gets me to drink, when otherwise I wouldn't. And that's good for baby. So it's worth it for us. I always keep a bottle of something by me all day, and without even realizing it, I get all the fluids I need.

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams" ~Dr. Seuss